Teachers’ Day or Shikshak Divas is celebrated in India with great pomp and show on September 5 every year.
Although, the World Teachers’ Day is celebrated on October 5, but every nation celebrates this day on different dates.
This day in India symbolizes the birthday of the former president, scholar, philosopher and Bharat Ratna awardee, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan and his contributions to the field of education.
Teachers gives us a purpose and set us up as successful citizens of the world, teachers inspire us to do well and succeed in life and to mark and recognize the hard work of our mentors and gurus, we celebrates the Teacher's Day.
So, here's the list of Bollywood films that captured the essence of a teacher-student relationship in the most fascinating way!
1. Taare Zameen Par : Undeniably, this beautiful film deserves to be on the top of the list. This film features Darsheel Safary and Aamir Khan in the lead roles and is directed by Aamir Khan himself along with Amole Gupte.
The film showcases the story of how an art teacher helps a dyslexic child to excel in arts as well as improves his poor academic performance. The end of this film left viewers smiling in tears.
2. Iqbal : The movie is directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and features Naseeruddin Shah and Shreyas Talpade in the lead roles. Iqbal is a coming-of-age sports drama, which tells the story of how a deaf and mute boy Iqbal (played by Shreyas Talpade) who is obsessed with cricket.
Inspite of being a village, he overcomes the obstacles to become a cricketer with the help of a local drunkard, who was once a renowned cricketer, Mohit (played by Naseeruddin Shah).
3. Hichki : Actress Rani Mukerji's Hichki, portrays the role of a teacher who is suffering from tourette's and is given a class of underprivileged students.
With her determination and dedication, Rani makes the class full of notorious students to focus on their studies and forms a bond with them.
4. Chalk n Duster : The film is directed by Jayant Gilatar and penned by Ranjeev Verma. This movie is a ride to an emotional roller coaster of two teachers Vidya (played by Shabana Azmi) and Jyoti (essayed by Juhi Chawla), who serves as teachers in a Mumbai'based high school.
The film showcases the passion and love for teaching and a special relationship of teachers and students.
5. Aarakshan : A crucial and key film that showcases the student-teacher bond, Aarakshan brings out the indispensable subject of reservation.
Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan played the role of a college principal, who later turns into a social activist and fights injustice to bring positive change in the education system without compromising on his principles duties, and morals.
The socio-political drama film was released in 2011 sent out a firm message for all the schools and colleges across the nation.