15th August is the day embellished in the golden history of India as the country got its freedom from the 200 years of British rule. It was a hard struggle in which many freedom fighters and great men had to sacrificed their lives for our beloved motherland.
Our film industry, Bollywood love for patriotic films and songs is known to everyone. The magic that Bollywood weaves in and creates some really emotional and touchy films and songs to honour the martyrs.
If listening to the 'Ae mere Watan ke logon' by veteran singer Lata Mangeshkar while remembering that martyrs always makes a tear roll down our cheeks.
The feeling and emotion that we get when we listen to 'Teri Mitti' and ' Sandese Aate Hai' is unreal, the pride we feel when we listen to 'Suno Gaur se Duniya Walon' and "Chak De India" is divine.
Listening to such songs gives you goosebumps and makes you proud of our nation. Today when India marks the 75th Independence Day we have to give some credit to music artists who introduces the audience to such nice music.
Here's a list of some classic and some full of energy songs for you to listen :
1. Ae mere Watan ke logon : The song composed by C. Ramchandra and sung by one of the greatest singers, Lata Mangeshkar. The song memorialize Indian soldiers who died during the Sino-Indian War in 1962.
2. Sandese Aate Hai : It was penned by Javed Akhtar, sung by Roop Kumar Rathod and Sonu Nigam and composed by Anu Malik. The song describes the pain of warriors at the front and was one of the reasons behind the success of the film 'Border'.
3. Ye jo des Hai Tera : The song sung and composed by the Academy Awards winner A. R Rahman from the film Swades
4. Bharat Humko Jaan se Pyaara hai : The song sung by Hariharan and penned by P. K. Mishra. The music is composed by A. R. Rahman, it was his debutant as a music composer from the Film Roja.
5. Teri Mitti : The soulful track is from film Kesari which is sung by B Praak and is an ode to India. The movie revolves around what went on in the 1897 Battle of Saragarhi.
6. Bharat ki Beti : This song is from Netflix's Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl. The song was produced by Amit Trivedi and sung by Arijit Singh .
7. Ae Watan : A song from the 2018 film Raazi. The song was sung by much-loved Arijit Singh and Sunidhi Chauhan. While, it was composed by the trio, Shankar'Ehsaan'Loy and was written by Gulzar.
8. Maa Tujhe Salam : This song is a critical and commercial hit and also one of India's most popular songs of all time. Sung by A.R Rahman himself which represent a feeling of patriotic unity for India.