Reserve Bank of India has given guidelines for the banks to remain closed on all public holidays with some regional holidays based on specific states only.
The total number of holidays according by the guidelines in the month of October are:
1) 1 October- Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts for Gangtok.
2) 2 October- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti (For all states).
3) 6 October- Mahalaya Amavasya (Agartala, Bengaluru, Kolkata).
4) 7 October- Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi for Imphal.
5) 9 October- 2nd Saturday.
6) 12 October- Durga Puja (Maha Saptami) / (Agartala, Kolkata).
7) 13 October- Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) / (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi).
8) 14 October- Durga Puja and Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayutha Pooja (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram).
9) 15 October- Durga Puja/Dasara/Dusshera (Vijaya Dashmi) / (All banks except those in Imphal and Shimla).
10) 16 October- Durga Puja (Dasain) / (Gangtok).
11) 18 October- Kati Bihu (Guwahati).
12) 19 October- Id-E-Milad/Eid-e-Miladunnabi/Milad-i-Sherif (Prophet Mohammad’s Birthday)/Baravafat / (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram).
13) 20 October- Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday/Lakshmi Puja/Id-E-Milad (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Shimla).
14) 22 October- Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar).
15) 23 October- 4th Saturday.
16) 26 October- Accession Day (Jammu, Srinagar).