Indians celebrates this grand festival with great enthusiasm, pomp and show. This festival is celebrated in several ways in different states like West Bengal, Gujarat, etc.
Bengalis over the world celebrate these nine of Navratri with great pomp and festivity whereas people from Gujarat enjoy Garba and dandiya nights.
From preparing mouth-watering dishes to keeping fast and wearing new clothes to enjoy festivity time, the nine-day long Navratris are lit.
If you have kept a 9-day-fast this Navratri, then here are some do's and don'ts for you :
1. Go for tasty and healthy food : If you are keeping fast, then it becomes important to make a healthy food choice.
Tasty food options will help you ace your Navratri fast like a pro such as fruits, makhana, kuttu dosa, samak rice and baked potatoes some are some.
2. Avoid overeating : If you overeat then it will affect your health negatively. While, consuming vrat food items, avoid overeating. And also divide your meals into small portions.
3. Avoid packaged food: Packaged foods like fried chips and namkeen, contain a lot of preservatives that are made for fast purpose are full of sodium and low quality refined oil that can even make you sick.
4. Consume fruits/dry fruits: Having fruits while fasting will be your best choice and you can even mix with some dry fruits to add a pinch of taste. Fruits and dry fruits are rich source of vitamins and will also keep you hydrated.
5. Stay hydrated and take proper sleep: It is important to stay hydrated while you are fasting. Keep drinking water, buttermilk or coconut water from time to time to keep your energy intact.
Your body starts detoxifying or cleansing during fasting so, it is essential to take proper rest and lack of rest will lead to low energy and feel dizzy or even experience throbbing headaches. So, to stay healthy, take a 8 hours of sleep daily in these nine days.