Karva Chauth is one of the most popular Hindu festivals and is broadly celebrated in Northern part of the country.
On the day of the festival married women fast for an entire day to strengthen marital bliss and pray for the long lives of their husbands.
However, the rituals of puja may differ slightly in different cultures, and women break their fast only after worshipping the moon.
Over the years, the festival’s popularity has grown and these days, even men observes the Karva Chauth fast for their wives.
Karwa Chauth fast can be difficult since you can't consume a single drop of water or food. And, you need to be cautious post breaking your fast and to choose the right food for the body.
You need to understand that the foods you consume after fast should be gentle on your body to avoid uneasiness and bloating. Here are some foods options that you can try:
1. Coconut water or Lemonade : Breaking your fast with coconut water or lemonade is an excellent as well as the healthiest ways as it will boost your energy level.
2. Dry Fruits : Dry fruits are powerhouse of high energy and nutrients. A handful of dry fruits can really help you feel full for long, and can restore all the energy that you have lost throughout the day.
3. Leafy vegetables : Consuming leafy vegetables after a day long fast will help you to restore vitamins and minerals, vegetables are also rich in fibre.
4. Yogurt : You could either eat yoghurt by itself, or mix it with your favourite fruit. Yogurt is good for the hydration and all thanks to its probiotic properties.
5. Fruits : You could also have a bowl of fruits especially pomegranate as it contains natural sugar. Fruits are packed with antioxidants, and is said to enhance the digestive process.