Bengali Khichdi is one of the easiest recipes made with a one-pot meal of rice, dal along with vegetables. No major food items you need to make the dish.
The special bengali Khichdi contains vegetables which consist of cauliflower, green peas, potatoes, carrots etc.
How to make:-
1) Take an adequate amount of rice (Basmati or Govindo bhog) according to your preference and wash it properly and strain over a net and then keep it some to air-dry.
2) Then dry roast the moong dal till it turns brown and after roasting properly rinse it once
3) Take 5g of vegetable oil and stir fry the rice over low heat till the rice turns glassy.
4) Fry the vegetables which you are adding like potatoes, cauliflower, peas etc.
5) Make a Ginger garlic paste and mix it with turmeric powder and cumin powder along with water.
6) Heat mustard oil and put dried red chillies, bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. Fry them with grated coconut until the smell of raw spices is gone.
7) After the spices are mixed properly, add rice and moong daal which you kept aside.
8) Add water, peas, tomatoes and all the aforementioned preps in a pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes.
9) Your Khichdi is done. You can serve the delicious dish with ghee and fried aubergine.