During the festive season we are generally not allowed to eat non-veg food items. And many of our parents and elderly family members fast during those days.
In Hindu religion, during Navratri, devotees fast for nine days and eat only one meal a day. Many people drink only water during Fasting.
We have brought some simple food which you can eat or make for your family members during Navratri.
1) Apple Nachos
Well it sounds so delicious and it is easy to make. It will only take 5 mins for you if you are in a hurry and want something healthy and tasty to eat.
1) Sliced apples.
4)Lemon or lime
1) Prepare the apples. Cut them into small pieces according to your choice.
2) Squish lemon juice. This step is completely optional. But add peanut butter on top.
3) Layer apples on a serving plate and top with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and other toppings you like.
4)Add a dash or two of cinnamon overtop and serve
2) Veggie balls
Yes! After reading the name you can understand that we will use fresh vegetables for this recipe.
1) Fry the vegetables on average heat.
2) Boil the chickpeas.
3) Mash the chick peas and mix with the vegetables.
4) Add Gram Flour to the mixture and fry it in a pan.
5) Serve it with Tomato sauce.
3) Roast ChickPeas
ChickPeas are a major source of healthy nutrients for the food and so we are bringing the next item on chickpeas too.
1) Chickpeas ( 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
2) 2 tablespoons olive oil
3) 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
4)1 teaspoon black pepper
5)1 teaspoon cumin
6)½ teaspoon smoked paprika
7)¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1) Rinse and drain the chickpeas, shaking off as much water as possible.
2) Remove the skin with your hands.
3) Stir together chickpeas with the olive oil, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, and kosher salt.
4) Bake the chickpeas for about 45 to 60 minutes until crispy and dry,
5) Remove when the chickpeas are browned but before they become very dark and hard. 6)Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and the chickpeas will crisp up even more as they cool when stored in a tight container.
Other food dishes like Eating dates with a mixture of fruits or having breakfast with Roasted chickpeas will help you to get past the nine days of Navratri.