The right dessert will satisfy your cravings and will definitely make you feel happy but you should always eat healthy and protect your body from harmful diseases. Majority of the desserts are made up of refined carbs, added sugars etc.
It makes the food calorie-dense which may result increase in body weight and unwanted fat will pile up in your body. And too much of dessert will result in many other health problems. So you should always have some delicious desserts in adequate amount.
Here are some healthy desserts which you can try-
1) Moong Dal Halwa- This dessert packs you food with proteins. It can be a lot healthier if you substitute sugar with stevia.
The ingredients which you will need are
1) 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
2) 25 gram Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
200 ml Oil , or rice bran oil
Ingredients for sugar syrup
3) 1 cup Sugar
4) 1 cup Water
5) 1 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
For garnishing you will need 1-1/2 tablespoon Mixed nuts , finely chopped almonds or cashew nuts.
1) First soak the moong dal in water overnight and then drain all the water completely and grind it to paste. Make sure you dont use too much water while you grind.
2) Combine the water and sugar in sauce pan and bring the mixture to boil.
3) Add in the cardamom powder to the sugar water and stir well. Keep aside.
4) Now heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat and add in the rava and roast on medium heat until lightly roasted and lightly browned.
5) Then add the moong dal batter and on low heat cook the batter until it is thick. Keep stirring continuously until it becomes little darker golden brown in color and then pour the hot sugar water to the moong dal mixture.
6) Until all the water is absorbed keep stirring and the halwa comes out from the sides of the pan and the moong dal halwa is cooked.
7) Serve and garnish with the chopped nuts.
2) Oats Ladoo- It will definitely satiate the cravings of your sweet tooth in a healthy way. These ladoos made of jaggery, oats which is one of the healthy food item along with coconut, nuts and a teaspoon of ghee.
As ingredients you need-
1) 1 cup jaggery
2) 1 cup oats
3) 1 cup coconut
4) Half teaspoon green cardamom
5) Water as needed
6) Ghee and roasted nuts
1) Heat a pan and dry roast oats.
2) Cool it and powder it in a blender
3) To the pan add jaggery, water and coconut.
4) Stir and cook till the jaggery melts off.
5) Add cardamom and powdered oats and after few minutes switch it off. Add ghee also.
6) After the temperature cools down make small roles and serve.
3) Carrot Kheer- This dish has carrot one of the healthy vegetables in the food department which is served with a creamy delicious kheer. You will enjoy it along with with all the rich nutrients and vitamins carrots have to offer.
4) Cashew Nuts
5) Condensed Milk
6) Raisins, sugar
1) Peal the carrots and grate it
2) Heat the pan with two spoon of ghee and shallow fry cashew nuts and raisins
3) Then fry the grated carrots and stir on medium flame.
4) Then add milk and boil it to a medium flame.
5) While boiling, add condenced milk.
6) Add cardamom powder and turn off the flame and wait for it to cool down.
7) Garnish it with cashew nuts and serve.
All the above food recipes are low calorie and has rich nutritional ingredients. You will definitely love the taste of the rich Indian recipes.