One of the much-awaited and the grandest festivals to be celebrated across Kolkata, Durga Pujo is here.
Today, on Maha Saptami of Durga, the capital city of West Bengal is experiencing the passion and the enthusiasm.
However, due to the Covid-19 induced guidelines, the festival is celebrated on a small scale but with the same dedication.
As the city of joy welcomes Maa Durga, we bring to you a list of 5 top, must-visit pandals in Kolkata:
1. Salt Lake, FD Block : FD Block in Salt Lake's theme fir Durga Puja was straight out of history. The Durga Puja pandal has been designed depicts to an old English castle.
Although, Maa Durga idol has been kept wholly traditional with colourful ‘chalchitra’.
2. Chaltabagan : This year, Maa Durga idol was kept in the tribal surroundings of Chaltabagan’s theme. The artist of the pandal has given a tribal touch to everything, even to the deity.
3. Kumartuli Durga Pujo : One of the most famous pandals from Northern Kolkata. Kumartuli is famous for its sculpting prowess and every year it catches our eyes and lets not forget all the memories we carry and wait for the next year. The first Durga Puja Pandal at Kumartuli was organised in the year 1995.
4. Lake Town Adhibashibrinda : The Durga Puja pandal for Adhibashibrinda has conducted a much creative way to showcase the sudden stop of time due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
5. Santosh Mitra Square : This Durga Pujo pandal is popular for its unique themes since 86 years and appealing for pandal hoppers.
Previous year, the Samiti set up a theme of Badrinath temple.