The people who have recovered from Covid-19 can donate plasma to other infected patients.
Government of India on official Twitter handle ‘My Gov India’ has release this following information:-
1. Always carry a hard copy of the COVID-19 negative report (RT-PCR or rapid antigen test) within 4 months of the day of donation and your Aadhar Card (front and back).
2. Donate only after 14 days of a COVID-19 positive report if the person is asymptomatic or after 14 days of symptoms if the person is symptomatic.
3. Women who have ever been pregnant cannot donate COVID-19 convalescent plasma.
4. A person who has received COVID-19 vaccination will not be able to donate plasma for 28 days from the date of vaccination.
5. A person cannot donate if he/she gets rejected for the lack of adequate antibodies in the blood.
6. Please contact hospital authorities for any other information in advance, on phone.
This helps the possible donor to donate plasma by following the above guidelines.