The laziest hour of the day strikes right after consuming your food. You feel gauche and lie down in your couches in front of the TV screens as it might cause heartburn and acidity.
Here you go wrong with your health, you should never sit or lie down after a meal. Instead to stay fit and healthy, you go for a walk for at least half an hour.
Do you know that walking after consuming food will also lower a risk of heart disease? In a study done with approximately 30 thousands adults who walked for 30 minutes every day and 5 days a week had reduced 20 per cent risk of developing heart disease.
Walking will also helps in faster digestion with lower rates of heartburn and other reflux symptoms.
Here are some benefits of walking after consuming food:
1. It helps digesting food : Walking after eating helps with digestion by stimulating your stomach and intestines, making your food move more quickly. It will also prevent or lessen symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), constipation, and colorectal cancer.
2. It’s help in controlling blood sugar : Walking helps to manage blood sugar, which is great for people with type 1 and 2 diabetes,will prevent excessive spikes in blood sugar.
3. It improves health of heart : Walking will keeps your ticker healthy as it helps to lower your blood pressure and LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and lower the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
4. It will help in weight loss : If you’re on a weight loss journey, walking and eating well will help you stay healthy. To lose body fat, you’ll need to burn more calories than you take in by doing exercise.
Calories are burned by walking and doing it after a meal is a great way to get those steps in and to up your fitness levels and overall health.
5. It will help in a better night's sleep : Exercises like stretching before bed or even a walk after dinner can help you get some sleep. When people increased the time of their walk each day, they actually intends to improve their sleep quality.