Migraines is one of the problems with people where they suffer from debilitating pain that can sometimes lead to nausea, dizziness, and sensitivity to light and sound. It is found that people who suffer from migraines should avoid some specific foods.
Migraine is a type of headache disorder which is placed under neurological condition and is associated with recurrent and debilitating headaches of moderate to severe intensity along with neurological symptoms.
If you have suffered a lot from the throbbing Pain and want to avoid them then there are foods that can make a difference.
Here is the list of some foods which you should avoid :
1) Chocolates: Well it sounds bizarre for chocolate lovers but chocolates are one of the most common trigger for migraine attacks. According to a study which is published in American Migraine Foundation, chocolates can affect around twenty two per cent of people who experiences migraines.
2)Caffeine: Excessive caffeine intake can trigger migraine attacks. Coffee, tea are found to be high in caffeine, but having a small quantity won't hurt.
3) Cheese: More than 35 percent of the migraines are caused by cheese.
4) Alcohol: Alcohol is said to be one of the common triggers.
5) Aspartame (an artificial sugar): Many processed foods are loaded with artificial sweeteners or aspartame which causes migraine.
6) Foods with Monosodium glutamate (MSG): MSG is a sodium salt of glutamic acid and is present in certain foods as an additive.
7) Cured Meats: Nitrates is a preservative found in cured meats which preserve colour and flavour are found in deli meats, ham, hot dogs, sausages can also lead to migraines.