'An apple a day keeps the doctor away', it is applicable for eggs as well. Think of the days when our parents, grandparents used to force us to eat eggs everyday. Do you know why? They have the highest quality of protein and other 13 essential vitamins and minerals which are necessary for one’s body.
The division of the nutrients inside the area are egg-whites having 60% of the high quality protein. While the other minerals, vitamins, and healthy fats are to be found in the yolk of the egg.
Take a look at the major benefits of eggs on our body:
1. Eggs have a good amount of nutrients. Two eggs daily completes an average of 82% of vitamin D requirement. The daily folate requirements are met by 50%. Eggs also have other vitamins like A, E, B5, B12 which are essential in a healthy diet.
2. Proteins of the best quality are present in eggs. They are considered to be the perfect protein source. It provides the essential strength for the repair of tissues and muscles. One single egg is considered to have 6.3gm of protein.
3. The lutein and zeaxanthin in eggs help prevent macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness. Other vitamins in eggs also promote good vision.
4. The choline in eggs plays an important part in breaking down the amino acid homocysteine, which may contribute to heart disease.
5. Some vitamins and minerals in eggs help promote healthy skin and prevent the breakdown of body tissues. A strong immune system also helps a person look and feel well.
Plain boiled eggs can be a good snack or a meal for a person with digestive problems or someone who is recovering from an illness. However, hard-boiled eggs are a convenient picnic food, and they go well in a salad.
So in whatever way, do not forget to add eggs in your diet for better health.